Finding water in your basement can be a nightmare. The water can enter from different places including the window sills which are not sealed in a proper manner. The water can also penetrate from cracks in the floor or walls. The moisture issues may result in a lot of damage to things that you might have stored in the basement including wood, carpets, drywall and several other materials. As soon as you notice signs of water leakage in the basement then don’t delay to call a foundation wall waterproofing near your area to deal with the messy situation using the right approach.
Living in Ohio gives you a plethora of options when it comes to choosing a basement waterproofing company. Well, you need to find the most reputed and experienced one to get your work done in a legitimate way.
First of all visit the Google Map to find Best Basement Waterproofing Companies near me. After that you would need to type your query and start choosing from the list popped up to you.
A few things which you can consider while checking some basement waterproofing companies near you to handle leakage problems are:
1. Address of the company: Find a company which has a proper address and the company should be based in Ohio. If the location is recognizable you can be rest assured that the company is established and can be trustworthy.
2. Positive and Negative Reviews / Real & Fake Review: Don’t trust a company just because the review says so. You need to do your homework before you get the estimate about whom you should and whom you should not contact for doing the work. Check out websites like Better business bureau, Yelp, Angie’s List, etc. to see what others have to say. If you find someone that has BBB accredited business with an A plus rating then you can expect a fair deal.
3. Company Website: A company website can give you all the necessary information about the different basement foundation repair services which they offer. Check if they offer a lifetime warranty on their work. Look for a company which has at least 10 years of experience as they can provide you with an accurate estimate of time and cost. See what they have to say about following good industry practices and are they knowledgeable about what works and what does not.
4. Timing: Inquire about their work timings. Ask do they offer 24×7 services or not? If not, how can they assist you in an emergency at odd timings? Some companies do work from 8 am to 8 pm, but they offer emergency basement waterproofing services.
5. Pictures of their work: There is no one solution to different basement leakage issues. There can be interior or exterior basement waterproofing, excavations, sump pumps for basements, rebuilding and reinforcing waterproofing basement walls, etc. Every leakage problem is unique and a company should offer array of leakage solutions. Find a company that can provide pictures of their work they have done. The images should have diversity and stay away from companies that offer only one solution showcased in the pictures.
6. Valid Phone Number: There should be a valid phone number of the company on the website. You can call and ask them if they are licensed, bonded and insured. Over the call, you can ask the company about their reputation and references. The company should not hesitate to offer references. The references should be recent as well as the old ones. If the company has been in business for long, it should not hesitate to share such details.
7. Get a quote (Through phone call or website): Find a company that can offer an estimate to you online or over the phone. You might be asked for your contact details and the type of basement leakage you want to be fixed. There should be no cost for the estimate. It should be free. Some basement companies only perform one or two services like filling the cracks or installing interior drain tile. What if you need underground down spot extensions or exterior waterproofing? Even if you speak with them over the phone, ask them to send the quote via email. With the written quote you can understand whether the company will offer a full service or not.
So, be wise when you search. Do your homework properly before looking for a basement waterproofing company and choose a company which can offer a dependable resolution that you are looking for.